Sunday, August 23, 2009

Empowerment

I am learning so much
about a woman that is strong.
Overcoming the odds,
and all the unjustified wrongs.

Beauty is within,
and to have confidence is more than ok.
No more reason to hurt.
No more wasting life stuck in pain.

Living life for what it is meant to be,
She's releasing her cages and her chains.
Experiencing freedom for the very first time,
letting love flow through and from her veins.

Love for herself,
and love for others.
What used to be hidden
can no longer smother.

And in this woman I experience a fierceness
finally being released.
And in this woman I experience a power,
not afraid in the least.

I am that woman.
Strong and true,
I am that woman.
Starting my life a new.

There's nothing wrong with me.
I have lack of grace and I still stand tall.
I accept what is great of me,
beautiful imperfections and all.

2 comments:

  1. "there is nothing wrong with me" is the truest statement you made in this poem.

    there is NOTHING wrong with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. It took too long to realize, but it feels good to be able to say it and live it!!

    ReplyDelete