Sunday, August 23, 2009

No title

Your love is like the ocean,so deep and true.
Never ending into the horizon as far as the eye can see.
It's beautiful and strong,flowing without ever having to be asked.
But within the beauty is also the current.
Something within you that has that need...
You lift me up and pull me back down.
In your beautiful love is where I drown.
Rise to the top and gasp for a breath,
only to be pulled back down,
treasuring that one second.
Within the current I feel the wrath,
awed and petrified of the full strenth of emotion you posess.
Rise to the top,
Breath of hope at last.
Pushed back down again,
It's not supposed to be like this.
So in your strength,I find my own.
Find myself swimming,
even when you're trying to hold me down.
As I lay on the beach,
realizing I'm more capable than I ever thought,
I realize your love is like the ocean...
Something to be admired,
but never underestimated.
Something I shall never swim too deep into ever again.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I really enjoyed writing this one and letting some of the emotions flow out after years of torment.

    ReplyDelete