Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Poor thang

I was out on my cigarette break today talking to this nice 19 year old pregnant woman, and she was telling me all about her wonderful husband, who just so happens to be a jealousy freak. Yeah, bad, to the point where when a guy looks at her, he says he wishes he had a gun to kill the mother fucker. Anyways, apparently he works at the same place we do, and this guy is so bad that he asked her what was she doing outside, and did she have a cigarette? She lied and said no she did not, and was so nervous the rest of the day. She ventured outside with me again, but all the while kept checking the windows wondering if he was watching her, and she would not smoke. She wouldn't even accept some Jello from me when he had the keys to her car, which also had her lunch in it. (I know when I was pregnant, I had to eat 24/7. Offer me a Slim Jim, and that was my shit with all three of my kids. lol)

Ok, he apparently has some jealousy/control issues. That much is blatantly obvious, but the girl was out there with another female. Not like she was rubbing all up on some guy. It just reminded me so much of my prior situation: her watching over her shoulder constantly, making excuses for the guy and claiming how great he is, when everyone else can plainly see he's an ass. I'm not a church goer, but I think I'm gonna pray for this girl. I see the path she's probably heading down, and I hope she sees the light before it's too late.

4 comments:

  1. okay first of all- im gonna kick YOUR ass for smoking cigarettes. cease and decist!!

    and 2nd of all yeah that's absolutely ridiculous, all you can do is pray for people in situations like that, they will only see the light when they're ready to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend in that situation now and no matter how much me or the other guys tell her that he's crazy she stays. After all the hits and abusive words she sticks it out. Now it's gotten much much worse. She just had his baby and he denies the child. Calls her a hoe and slut and says he's gonna kick them out and doesn't have any respect for her at all. It hurts me and I'm not her. She says she's gonna leave but she doesn't. I've given up on telling her she should walk out cause she deserves better but I still secretly pray for her. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been in an abusive and controlling relationship. one thing i say he's right on, is no she better not be smoking. and if thats his child in her belly he has every right to be concerned, but as far as anything else. hell nah. but a lot of us who've been through it already know, that once we're allowing the behavior to go on, we're in too deep to turn back. it takes our own personal breaking point to walk away, and everyone is differnt. shit i went through my relationship like that when i was 19 and pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it's so easy to see the problems when you're outside looking in. I wonder how many people looked at me the same way. (Probably hundreds. lol)

    Ava- thanks for having my back! Quitting is not easy to do, and honestly, I have no desire to quit right now anyways. lol

    Bella- I love you, but everyone needs a bad habit. *hugs* (Let's not get going on what's filling your lungs, missy!!!! lmao)

    ReplyDelete